Wednesday, Oct. 17th, 2018
Straight line quilting (If you sewed the Easy French Braid Table Runner: From a Jelly Roll in September, bring that for a base!)
- Straight line quilting
Things you need to bring:
- Your sewing machine with cord and any presser feet you have for it
- Sewing Machine thread
- a quilt sandwich (Top, batting 3″ larger on all sides, and backing 3″ larger on all sides) **Note: If you were with us in September for the French Braid Table runner, please feel free to use that!
- A walking foot (or dual feed foot) for your sewing machine. I wouldn’t even attempt straight line quilting before it.
- If your walking foot comes with an attachable guide bar, that’s awesome! If not, I will show you some work arounds
- Quilting gloves are nice, especially for large projects. They help you grip the quilt better and relieve the strain.
- High quality needles and thread. I love all kinds of high quality thread, and Topstitching needles, size 90/14 work great for straight line quilting
Tutorial can be found here: TUTORIAL